GSAC Community Garden Moora
The Collective has commenced planning and construction of our Community Garden! We have exciting workshops and community garden days coming up – watch this space for more info and how to be involved!
GSAC Community Garden
A place for the community to come together and grow. 6 wicking beds in place, 4 citrus trees, 2 pods of native plants at the moment with more gardens to come. Everyone is welcome to the Community Garden located at the rear of the Gardiner Street Arts Collective and accessible via the lane way. You are all welcome 🌿🪴🌳🌾💐🌼🥦🥕🌶
Download the Community Garden Brochure here.
In case you missed the news of our community garden, here’s a little recap.
The Gardiner Street Arts Collective is creating a community garden located at the rear of the premises. Ideas have been gathered from community members and local gardening gurus who have donated their time and expertise to this project.
The goals for the garden are to:
- further enhance the Collective for both visitors, locals and artists
- to foster a friendly, supportive and spirited community of all ages using the Collective
- demonstrate gardening as a creative pursuit to local children using recycling, low-cost options and water wise principles to create a living art piece
- to welcome another group within the Moora community into the combined arts space
- to provide opportunity for showcasing indigenous gardening of local plants, providing opportunity for story telling in the future in a safe and welcoming environment for all ages
- to create a safe, meditative environment for those wishing to participate in arts activities who may need time out in a relaxing environment using aroma and colour as therapeutic modalities, and
- to give extra space and the natural environment as an opportunity for people to socialise and bond in a welcoming environment, that facilitates growth and sustainability.
The Collective are so excited to be developing up this project and cannot to share the planning and construction with our community.
We are currently looking for donations of:
» Shuttles (1000l pods)
» 44-gallon drums
» Lawn clipping
» Animal manure
» Plant cuttings and heritage seed varieties
» Recycled building materials
» Old sleepers
» Gardening tools
Upcoming gardening day workshops dates TBC
Wicking Beds Workshop
Bush Tucker Day
All About Citrus Day
Water Feature Workshop
Winter Worm Farm Workshop
Join our Facebook Community Group to stay up to date with growth happening in the garden, upcoming events and opportunities to donate and be part of the community garden.